What You Should Do
- Make the most of GoVenture and help others do the same.
- Read the User Guides, watch the demonstration Videos, and review any other help that is available.
- Save your progress often and, where a game, ebook, or simulation allows, save multiple files. Do not rely on a single saved file. Do not risk losing your progress.
- Notify us, or the user in question, if you see evidence of GoVenture being used incorrectly or inappropriately.
What You Should Not Do
- Do not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your association or affiliation with a person or entity.
- Do not post information that may be considered false, misleading, unsafe, harmful, hostile, intimidating, violent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, libellous, indecent, unlawful, objectionable, prohibited, or generally considered inappropriate for a general audience.
- Do not attempt to interfere, hack, break, extend, or use GoVenture in any way that is contrary to the services GoVenture is intended to provide.
- We will generally work with you to fix honest mistakes, where and when appropriate.
- In some cases, but not all, we will notify you that you are in violation and provide you a chance to correct the situation. We may also moderate your account for a limited time.
- In cases of repeated misuse, or a single instance of malicious use, we will immediately terminate your account without refund of subscription fees, restrict you from using GoVenture again in the future, and take additional appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities and legal prosecution.
Other Things You Should Know
- When you join a Simulation Competition or Group, your name, email address, and performance results are visible to the Simulation or Group Manager hosting it. Do not join a Simulation Competition or Group if you do not want your information to be disclosed to the Simulation or Group Manager.
- You may receive communications related to GoVenture, such as administrative messages, service announcements, and the GoVenture Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of GoVenture and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them. If you do not want to receive such communications, do not create a GoVenture account. If already created, you can request that your account be deleted.
- No technology or service is 100% reliable. Service interruptions may occur from time to time. Do not leave your GoVenture tasks or projects to the last minute.
The above highlights are provided as a quick reference only, and not intended to replace the actual and binding policies available below.
Last Updated April 12, 2010
1. Description of Service
- GoVenture provides access to Content (as defined herein) and various communication and technology tools (collectively, hereafter, "GoVenture"). "Content" includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, animation, photographs, video, audio, sound, music, documents, files, scripts, software, programming code, games, simulation, interactive features, information, communication, opinion, recommendation, or advice posted, uploaded, submitted, transmitted, or otherwise made available on or via GoVenture by you, MediaSpark, GoVenture advertisers, sponsors, affiliates, or other users of GoVenture, whether private or public.
- GoVenture is provided by "MediaSpark Information Technology Solutions Incorporated" and its affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers (collectively, hereafter, "MediaSpark").
2. Acceptance of Terms
- The TOU applies to all users of GoVenture, including users who are also contributors of Content, information, or other materials or services on GoVenture.
- The TOU may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- To use GoVenture , you must first agree to the TOU. You may not use GoVenture if you do not accept the TOU.
- The most current version of the TOU can be reviewed on the GoVenture website.
- You agree and accept the TOU by using GoVenture and/or clicking to accept or agree to the TOU, where this option is made available to you in GoVenture.
- You may not use GoVenture and may not accept the TOU if you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with MediaSpark. You must also comply with all local, national, and international laws and regulations that apply to you based on your location of residence and/or from the location from which you use GoVenture. Furthermore, children under aged 13 may only use GoVenture under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- If the TOU is provided in a language other than English, you agree that the translation is only provided as a convenience and that the English language version of the TOU will bind your relationship with MediaSpark, and will take precedence should there be any contradictions with non-English language versions.
- You understand and agree that MediaSpark reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether you have violated the TOU.
3. Use of GoVenture
- You understand and agree that GoVenture is provided "as is" and that MediaSpark assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery, or failure to transmit, receive, or store any user Content, communication, or settings.
- You understand and agree that use of GoVenture and Content is at your sole risk.
- You understand and agree that GoVenture may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- You understand and agree that GoVenture may include communications related to GoVenture, such as administrative messages, service announcements, and the GoVenture Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of GoVenture and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them.
- You understand and agree that GoVenture may contain text, files, and links to third party Content and Content sources that are not owned or controlled by MediaSpark or GoVenture. You should not act on any idea, advice, suggestion, or other information received by or through GoVenture or MediaSpark without first seeking independent professional advice. MediaSpark assumes no responsibility for the Content, policies, or practices of any third party Content or Content sources. By using GoVenture, you indemnify and hold harmless MediaSpark from any and all liability arising from your use of GoVenture, MediaSpark, and third party Content or Content sources.
- GoVenture may include advertisements and display of said advertisements are necessary for provision and use of GoVenture.
- You understand and agree that access to GoVenture may be interrupted and MediaSpark may temporarily or permanently stop providing GoVenture, or any features within GoVenture, at MediaSpark's sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
- You understand and agree that if MediaSpark stops providing GoVenture, limits access to GoVenture, or disables your account, you may be prevented from accessing information, Content, resources, or communications related to your account and GoVenture.
- You are responsible for obtaining access to GoVenture, and that access may involve the need for equipment, as well as third-party fees, such as, but not limited to, Internet service provider or airtime charges. You are responsible for those fees.
- In order to use or access GoVenture, you may be required to provide information about yourself. You agree that any information you provide on GoVenture or to MediaSpark will be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- In order to access certain features and Content on GoVenture you have to create an GoVenture account. You may not use, access, or alter another person's GoVenture account or related Content without permission.
- You understand that you may be exposed to Content that may be inaccurate, incorrect, false, misleading, unsafe, harmful, hostile, intimidating, violent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, libellous, indecent, unlawful, objectionable, prohibited, or generally considered inappropriate for a general audience, and you agree that MediaSpark will not, under any circumstances, be held liable in any way for said Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content or your use of GoVenture. MediaSpark makes no claims that GoVenture or the Content is timely, accurate, error-free, or secure.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You must keep your GoVenture account password secret and secure, otherwise you may be liable for losses incurred by GoVenture and/or MediaSpark that result from such unauthorized use of your account.
- You must immediately notify MediaSpark of any unauthorized use of your account or suspicious activity related to your account.
- You agree not to, and not to attempt to, modify or alter GoVenture in any way that is not explicitly allowed and provided for in the design and normal functionality of GoVenture.
- You agree not to use GoVenture in any way that interferes with other people's use and enjoyment of GoVenture. This includes, but is not limited to any action that might be considered Spam.
- You agree not to disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of GoVenture or any other features intended to control, restrict, limit, monitor, or manage the use of GoVenture.
- You agree not to access Content on GoVenture through any means or technology that is not explicitly allowed and provided for in the design of and normal functionality of GoVenture or authorized means that MediaSpark may designate.
- You agree not to harvest personally identifiable information, including but not limited to usernames, nicknames, personal names, physical addresses, and email addresses, from GoVenture.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your association or affiliation with a person or entity.
- You agree not to use GoVenture for any commercial use not explicitly allowed and encouraged by GoVenture or provided for with the prior written permission of MediaSpark. Excluded commercial activity includes, but is not limited to: Sale or access to GoVenture on another website; Use of GoVenture for the purpose of gaining advertising revenue; Any use of GoVenture that MediaSpark, in its sole discretion, determines is contrary to the current or future success of GoVenture and its community, or MediaSpark.
- You agree not to launch, use, or facilitate the use of any automated system, including but not limited to spiders, robots, archival services, or offline readers, that access GoVenture in a manner that communicates, including but not limited to send requests and HTTP requests, with GoVenture in a given period of time more frequently than a human can reasonably do within the same period of time using a conventional Internet browser working under normal use. Notwithstanding the aforementioned limitations, GoVenture and MediaSpark grant public search engine operators limited permission to use spiders to index GoVenture, including the copying of GoVenture Content, for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available searchable indexes of the GoVenture Content but not for use in archives or caches. MediaSpark and GoVenture reserve the right to revoke these exceptions in their entirety, partially, or on a case-by-case basis.
- You agree that your GoVenture account is non-transferable.
- You agree to use Content and GoVenture only as expressly permitted under this TOU.
- MediaSpark reserves all rights in GoVenture not expressly granted in this TOU.
4. GoVenture Account Termination
MediaSpark reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, limit, or terminate your account, with or without notice, at any time.
5. User-Submitted Content
- MediaSpark and GoVenture do not claim ownership of Content you submit, post, or display on or through GoVenture, excluding Ideas and Feedback as defined herein. Content submitted, posted, or displayed on or through GoVenture, excluding Ideas and Feedback as defined herein, remains the property of its original and respective owners. However, by submitting, posting, or displaying Content on GoVenture, you hereby grant MediaSpark a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, and display the Content for the purpose and chosen privacy setting for which such Content was submitted or made available, and as permitted through the functionality of GoVenture and under this TOU. The said license granted by you terminates 90 days after you remove or delete your Content from GoVenture. You understand and agree that some Content on GoVenture is not deletable, and therefore the licenses granted by you in this regard are perpetual and irrevocable.
- Excluding user-submitted Content, other Content and trademarks, service marks, and logos are owned or licensed by MediaSpark, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law and may not be used or exploited for any other purpose without the express written consent of the respective owners.
- You understand that, when using GoVenture, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that all Content is the sole responsibility of the person or organization from whom or where it originated. You agree to be responsible for all Content that you make available via GoVenture.
- MediaSpark does not guarantee the integrity, accuracy, or quality of Content. MediaSpark does not endorse any Content and explicitly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content.
- You agree not to submit Content that may be considered unsafe, harmful, hostile, intimidating, violent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, libellous, indecent, unlawful, objectionable, prohibited, or generally considered inappropriate for a general audience.
- You agree not to post information that you know to be incorrect, false, or misleading.
- You agree to be solely responsible for your own Content submissions and the consequences of submitting, posting, or publishing said Content.
- You agree not to submit, post, display, or transmit Content to or on GoVenture in such a way as to violate the copyright, privacy, publicity, trade secrets, or intellectual property rights of the Content owner(s).
- User-Submitted Content must not be or contain viruses, trojan horses, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any Content or functionality that might interfere, interrupt, tamper with, or alter GoVenture or its users' related software or hardware equipment or overall enjoyment of GoVenture.
- MediaSpark does not allow Content or activity on GoVenture that infringes on copyrights, trade secrets, or intellectual property rights. You agree not to submit such Content or participate in said activities.
- You understand and agree that MediaSpark and GoVenture do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content or information submitted by you to GoVenture.
- You understand and agree that MediaSpark reserves the right to modify, move, or remove any Content on GoVenture, without prior notice.
- You agree that Content submitted by you to GoVenture may be retained and copied by MediaSpark for backup purposes even if it has been removed or deleted from public view.
6. Ideas and Feedback
"Ideas and Feedback" are suggestions, ideas, feedback, and/or proposals for changing, fixing, improving, or extending or adding to the features of GoVenture submitted by you to MediaSpark through GoVenture or other method. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of section 5.a above, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Your Ideas and Feedback do not contain confidential or proprietary information.
- MediaSpark is not under any obligation or confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Ideas and Feedback.
- MediaSpark is entitled to choose to, or choose not to, use or disclose said Ideas and Feedback for any purpose without restriction.
- MediaSpark may have something similar to the Ideas and Feedback already under consideration or in development.
- Your Ideas and Feedback automatically become the property of MediaSpark without any obligation of MediaSpark to you.
- You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from MediaSpark under any circumstances.
7. Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
MediaSpark respects the rights of Content owners. If you believe your work is used on GoVenture in a way that infringes on your copyright or violates your intellectual property rights, please contact MediaSpark via GoVenture and provide sufficient information to identify and confirm the Content in question, the related violation, and your ownership rights.
You agree that MediaSpark, in its sole discretion, may choose to modify this TOU from time to time.
MediaSpark may provide you with notices regarding GoVenture, including changes to the TOU, via email, regular mail, postings on GoVenture, or other reasonable means. The means by which notices are provided are at MediaSpark's sole discretion.
The headings of the paragraphs are inserted for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of this TOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MediaSpark, including subsidiary and affiliated companies and organizations, directors, officers, agents, employees, shareholders, licensors, licensees, and agents from any claim or demand, liabilities, losses, damages or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of GoVenture, Content you submit, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through GoVenture, your connection to GoVenture, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
The failure of MediaSpark to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision in this TOU is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be fully severable, and this TOU shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision had never been a part of this TOU. The remaining provisions of this TOU shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or by its severance from this TOU.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior discussions, negotiations or agreements.
- Statute of Limitations
You agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claims or cause of action arising out of, or related to GoVenture or the TOU, must be filed within 6 months after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever banned.
"GoVenture" and "MediaSpark" are registered trademarks and trademarks of MediaSpark Information Technology Solutions Incorporated in Canada, the United States, and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Limitations of Liability
By using GoVenture and Content, you accept it "As Is", "with all faults." MediaSpark, including subsidiary and affiliated companies and organizations, directors, officers, agents, employees, shareholders, licensors, licensees, and agents make no warranties or conditions, express, implied or statutory, with respect to GoVenture and the Content including those for merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. MediaSpark will not be liable, in any event, for any incidental or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of personal or business profits, loss of business or personal information, non-infringement, interruption, other pecuniary loss, or their equivalent under the laws of any jurisdiction) arising out of use or inability to use GoVenture and the Content, even if MediaSpark has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages. MediaSpark make no representation that GoVenture and the Content is free of defects. MediaSpark also make no warranties or conditions, express, implied or statutory, including those for merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the operation or performance of GoVenture, the Content, or access performance of information obtained from the Internet while using GoVenture or Content. The entire risk of use and consequences of use of GoVenture and the Content falls completely on you, and MediaSpark shall not be liable in any respect for any claims loss or injury alleged to have resulted from use of or in reliance on GoVenture and the Content. In no event will the liability for any damages ever exceed the cost of the fees directly charged by MediaSpark and paid by you for your right to use GoVenture.
- Additional Warranties
No written or oral information, guidance, or advice provided by MediaSpark or through GoVenture shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOU.
- Applicable Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia, Canada.
Last Updated April 12, 2010
MediaSpark and GoVenture respect your privacy.
"Personal Information" is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address, that is not otherwise available publicly.
You understand and agree that by using GoVenture, you consent to the collection and use of the information as set forth herein, including the transfer of this information to Canada, the United States and/or other countries for storage, processing and use by GoVenture.
2. What Information is Collected
- GoVenture collects Personal Information when you create an account.
- GoVenture collects statistical information when you visit and use GoVenture, such as the website pages being visited, links being clicked, and other similar browsing activities.
- GoVenture receives and records information from your computer including your IP Address, operating system, browser, software, and hardware system information.
- GoVenture respects the privacy of children. Children under aged 13 should only use GoVenture under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- You understand that when using GoVenture, you will be exposed to content from a variety of sources, which may or may not be affiliated to GoVenture. GoVenture has no control over these third-party sources, and does not guarantee their integrity, accuracy, quality, privacy policies, or practices. You should proceed with caution when visiting any website or providing your Personal Information.
3. How Your Information is Used
- GoVenture uses information to customize the content you see.
- Information may be used to help improve GoVenture or conduct research.
- Your Personal Information may be used to respond to your requests for help.
- When you login to GoVenture and join a Simulation Competition or Group, your name, email address, and performance results are visible to the Simulation or Group Manager hosting it. Do not join a Simulation Competition or Group if you do not want your information to be disclosed to the Simulation or Group Manager.
- If you create a GoVenture account, you may receive communications related to GoVenture, such as administrative messages, service announcements, and the GoVenture Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of GoVenture and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them. If you do not want to receive such communications, do not create a GoVenture account. If already created, you can request that your GoVenture account be deleted.
- Information may be provided in an aggregate, non-personally-identifiable (anonymous) form to GoVenture sponsors or affiliates.
- Your information may be transferred in the event that GoVenture is sold, acquired, or merged with another company.
4. Security of Your Information
- GoVenture has features in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information provided by users.
- GoVenture limits access to Personal Information internally to people who need to manage or monitor GoVenture.
- Despite the safeguards that are in place, 100% security cannot be guaranteed.
5. Modification and Notice